Over the past few months, Kent has captured my attention. I’ve known about how beautiful it is. I certainly know great the walks are (Blean Woods National Nature Reserve is my favourite for a day hike).
Now it’s become more and more clear what great opportunities are available in Kent and all the benefits it offers for me and for you.
Below we will explore some points on Kent, whether you are visiting, doing business there or looking to call it home.
Kent as a place to visit:
- Scenic nature & wildlife, from the White Cliffs of Dover, Two AONB (Areas of Outstanding National Beauty) & walking through fields of amazing flowers at Bough Beech.
- Spend the day exploring lovely shops in Royal Tunbridge Wells in the Pantiles, an 18th-century shopping area that has remained almost unchanged. Find some great antiques in store’s that are as old and characterful as the items they sell. Enjoy Afternoon Tea in Knole House, the oldest house in England.
Kent as a place to do business:
- Kent has a thriving business community, with over 8.5% growth in new businesses. An increase in active businesses. And over 93% of new businesses remaining open after their first year!
- The Kent Innovation Corridor, with 2 Enterprise Zones thriving with research centres, the Kent Medical Campus and more to come.
- Tourism business is growing and continues to support local businesses and exposure for Kent with 58 million visitors in the last year.
Kent as a place to call home:
What makes a place great for a home…
- For many families this means great schools, Kent has many sought after public and private schools. Several of these ranking on the countries Top 100 Schools (With 2 in the Top 10)
- Food, Kent offers excellent options for food and drink in wonderful old English pubs to Michelin Star restaurants, The West House Restaurant & The Sportsman.
- The quality of life is very high, with several towns in Kent ranking among the best places to Live in England. Easy to see why with all the open space, beautiful scenery and leisure facilities available around Kent.
- Affordability, among the Counties in the South East, Kent still offers great value, as an example, a 1,159sq.ft 3 Bedroom House with parking can be purchased for £545,000. A 756sq.ft 2 Bedroom apartment can be purchased for £390,000. And these are brand new properties.
One of the most interesting things I have discovered about Kent is that due to all the great points above and it being so close to London, many Londoners now call Kent home.
A train ride from Sevenoaks to Charring Cross is just as fast as a tube ride from Edgware to Charring Cross.
Kent has captured my imagination and my interest, and I feel I am obliged to share my findings and interest with as many people as I can, and to have you look at Kent in a whole new way, whether you might start your next business in Kent, go down for a trip to explore its beauty or consider it as a place you could call home.
Think of Kent.